Review the most frequently asked questions about how to qualify Elite LATAM Pass categories:
1. What are Elite KMS?
These are the kilometers that count toward qualifying for Elite membership categories. As of January 1, 2017, these will be differenciated from the LATAM Pass KMS that you accumulate to redeem fares or products. The Elite KMS will be used to access one of the Elite membership categories, but not for redeeming fares or products. Furthermore, they will only be awarded after having traveled on your flight. Each year January 1st will mark the start of a new period of accumulating Elite KMS.
2. How do I calculate Elite KMS?
In order to calculate Elite KMS, you will have to multiply the distance you have flown by a percentage that varies according to the family fare type that you selected, and to whether your flight is a domestic or international flight.
For example*: Laura flies from Santiago to Antofagasta, on a return flight in Economy Flex fare, traveling a total of 2,212 kilometers. To calculate her Elite KMS, she would multiply 2,212 by the percentage awarded for the selected fare, which is 125%, and so she would accumulate a total of 2,765 Elite KMS. If she had selected Economy Base, she would multiply 2,212 by 25%, accumulating 553 Elite KMS.
If Laura flies from Santiago to Miami on a return flight in Economy Flex, traveling a total of 13,306 kilometers, she would multiply 13,306 by 125%, accumulating 16,633 Elite KMS. If she had selected the Premium Business Access family fare, she would multiply 13,306 by 150%, accumulating 19,959 Elite KMS.
*Referential values of Chile.
3. How will these changes affect my qualification in 2017?
These changes will take effect as of January 1, 2017. On this date, you'll start earning Elite KMS., which will be counted for moving up a category in 2017 and to renew your Elite member category in 2018 if you meet your goals.
4. Where can I view the amount of Elite KMS that I need to qualify for an Elite membership?
In your account statement. There you will be able to see both the Elite KMS. that allow you to qualify for Elite member categories and the LATAM Pass KMS. that you have earned.
5. If I make a reservation and pay for my fare in 2016 but I travel in 2017, will I qualify for Elite member categories based on the rules currently in force for 2016 or in accordance with the changes to the rules on qualification that will be implemented on January 1, 2017?
The Elite KMS. are earned based on your flights traveled during 2017. The percentage that is used to multiply the distance traveled will depend on the date of purchase and the rules that are in force at the time. For tickets purchased in 2017, new distance multiplication percentages apply. For tickets purchased before January 01, 2017, percentages valid in 2016 apply.
6. Will I earn Elite KMS if I purchase a fare but I don't make the flight?
No. The Elite KMS will only be awarded after having traveled on the flight during the current year.
7. Will I earn Elite KMS if I cancel my flight but do not claim a refund for it?
No. The Elite KMS will only be awarded after having traveled on the flight.
8. Will there be a minimum distance to calculate Elite KMS.?
No. Minimum distances on all routes will be eliminated.
9. When are the Elite KMS included?
The Elite KMS are included in your account at the same time as the LATAM Pass KMS of your flight is credited.
10. Will there be changes to any other rules on qualifying for Elite member categories?
No, the goals and different options that exist for accessing each elite category will not change in 2017.
11. Will fares that have been redeemed be considered in qualification for Elite member categories?
No, this will remain unchanged. Tickets redeemed with LATAM Pass will not earn Elite KMS. and also won't be considered as qualifying segments.