Pack your bags with peace of mind
Find out how many items of luggage you can take in the hold of the aircraft free of charge and their permitted dimensions and weight.
Standard weight and size of each bag
- Linear dimension: 158 cm. (width + height + length) or 62 in.
- Weight: 23 kg. (50 lb)
- You must pay for additional baggage if your bag exceeds these dimensions or weight restrictions.
- If your bag exceeds the dimension restrictions of 300 lineal centimeters or 45 kilos (except flights within Brazil, where the limit is 60 kilos), you will not be able to transport it in the hold, but you may transport it with LATAM Cargo.
- For routes to/from Aruba, Europe, Australia, Argentina or for connections with Air Canada, Iberia, British Airways or Qantas, the maximum weight permitted per piece is 32 kilos. Before traveling, review the baggage policy of each airline to make sure you understand excess baggage fees.
Please read our Elite Categories section to see if you have any LATAM Pass or LATAM Fidelidade benefit relating to your baggage allowance.
Your baggage will always be labeled with the final destination of your trip.
On LATAM itineraries, the most permissive baggage allowance will apply when the entire itinerary is on the same reservation.
Baggage allowance for your flight route and cabin category
Baggage allowance on connecting flights with other airline companies
We respect the baggage allowance policy that is most suitable for you when you check-in with us. For more information please read the Baggage allowance policy on flights with other airline companies.
Baggage allowance for children aged under 2 years
The permitted allowance of checked baggage for children aged under 2 years (between 0 and 23 months) is 1 bag of 23 kg (50 lb). If they are traveling on routes between Brazil and Europe or between Brazil and the US, they may take 1 bag of 32 kg (70 lb).
If there is available space, they may also take one of the following items with them in the cabin of the aircraft:
- A foldaway stroller.
- A child safety chair approved for use on board aircraft.
- A bassinet.
Additionally, you may take the following in the hold of the aircraft free of charge:
- A foldaway wheelchair, a pair of crutches or other orthopedic apparatus you may require as a mobility aid.