LATAM announces mandatory use of masks on all flights
Following the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA), LATAM Airlines Group and its subsidiaries (“LATAM”) today announced the mandatory use of masks for both passengers and cabin and command crews beginning May 11.
This health and safety measure is mandatory on all of the company's domestic and international flights. The acquisition of said protection elements is the responsibility of each passenger.
LATAM workers, crews, and teams in operational areas will also have personal protection elements (PPE) such as masks, gloves and alcohol-based sanitizer. To provide masks during the worldwide shortage, LATAM has modified part of its maintenance operations in Brazil and Chile for the production of PPE elements like masks for its team members.
The company has also implemented additional measures to maximize security levels in its daily operations, such as:
During the check in:
- LATAM has adopted interspersed service positions, reinforcing social distancing 6 feet between each person.
- Cleaning and disinfection of passenger service areas have also deepened.
- LATAM is encouraging self-service terminals at all the airports where it operates, guaranteeing an autonomous service that avoids going through face-to-face counters.
- LATAM also recommends check-in through its available digital channels (LATAM.com, LATAM App), as well as the use of digital boarding passes.
- LATAM also recommends the use of masks in common areas of airports.
- LATAM also recommends passengers take note of measures recommended by the authorities of each country in relation to the carrying and use of security elements in public places.
- Since the start of the pandemic, LATAM has reinforced all of its aircraft disinfection procedures.
- Gel alcohol sanitizer is also available on all aircraft.
- Reinforcement of hygiene protocols on board
- LATAM service routines have also been adapted to reduce the need for on-board interaction.
- After disembarking, aircraft cleaning protocols have been increased to the highest market standards.
- Improvements have also been applied to the removal of belongings from the luggage belt at airports, ensuring social distancing between people.
For more information, visit www.latam.com/coronavirus/