We want to make sure you reach your destination without any problems. That’s why it’s important that you tell us about your medical conditions or if you need special assistance on board every time you travel with us.
You can inform us via the MEDIF form or via a medical certification issued up to 10 days before your flight’s departure date. In the case of severe mental pathologies, it must have been issued within 7 days before the trip.
You must send us the document via the Contact Form at least 48 hours before your flight’s departure. Once we have received it, it will be evaluated by our doctors and we will contact you to provide you with the assistance you need.
Cases in which you need to present a medical certification:
Information your certification must contain
- Personal information.
- Your personal information and your doctor’s signature and stamp.
- Diagnosis and travel authorization.
- The transportation services you need.
- The saturation percentage of oxygen on land, if you need to travel with a respiratory assistance device, like the Portable Oxygen Concentrator (POC). Keep in mind that we will not provide oxygen during the flight. Therefore, it’s the passenger’s responsibility to bring their own POC.
- If you have a contagious disease, the certification must indicate there is no risk for other passengers.
If you are traveling from, to or within Peru, the certification must also indicate:
- Whether you can use the airplane seat and sit with the seat in upright position when needed.
- If you can do things on your own, such as eating and using the bathroom, among others.
- If you need medication that you can’t administer yourself.
- If you need special medical equipment, such as respirators.
- If you need to be hospitalized.
Do you have more questions? Read our Frequently Asked Questions.