Starting on April 22, 2017, our loyalty rewards program will continue in its development process, which will involve changes to how you can earn Multiplus points.
It will be easier to calculate your Multiplus points because each member category will have a unique multiplier to earn. The same multiplier will apply regardless of your flight destination. The additional bonus points awarded for certain categories based on the current rules is already included within this number.
Find out the multiplier number for each LATAM Fidelidade category:
How to calculate your Multiplus points
To calculate your Multiplus points accumulated in each trip, you will need to use the multiplier that corresponds to your category, and multiply it by the amount you paid for your air fare(1) in Dollars(2).
Laura is a Gold member and she purchased a round trip ticket from Miami to Santiago for 884 USD with an Base fare. The calculation would be as follows:
884 USD x 6 = 5,304 Multiplus points
- (1) When calculating your Multiplus points, it is the price of the air fare only that is taken into account. The boarding fees, airport taxes and any other additional expense - such as excess baggage, the purchase of Space+ seats or travel insurance, among other things - will not be taken into account for calculating your Multiplus points under this new points-earning model.
- (2)For tickets purchased in a currency other than the dollar, the exchange rate we will use is the IATA Exchange Rate, which is updated every day from Monday to Friday.
- Maximum accumulation of 60,000 points per segment.
- For the moment, earning with oneworld partner companies remains the same, any changes in the percentages will promptly reported.
- Your Multiplus points will be credited to your account within a maximum of 7 days for international flights and 30 business days for flights with airline companies of the oneworld Alliance.
- All modifications to the earning rules are valid for members with official residence in New Zealand.