Find out how many items of luggage you can take for free in the hold of the airplane, depending on the route, cabin, or fare that you’ve purchased. You can find details about maximum size and weight, as well as prohibited items. There is also extra information on luggage for children, people with special needs, and other useful material.
What if you’re bringing special baggage or your luggage exceeds the maximum weight and size?
If you’re bringing something oversize and/or overweight as hold baggage, please review the freight conditions, maximum size, and costs incurred from excess baggage. If you’re bringing sports equipment, musical instruments, televisions and/or monitors, review the policies and prices for special baggage.
How much hold luggage does my fare include?
* If you bought your flight before the following dates during 2017: May 20 for domestic flights in Chile, June 10 for domestic flights in Peru, June 24 for domestic flights in Brazil, July 8 for domestic flights in Colombia and Ecuador, the conditions of your purchase have not changed, and you can travel with your luggage in the hold at no extra cost.
Notice: Children under 2 (0 to 23 months) travelling on a child’s fare can only bring one 23kg item in the hold.
If there is available space, they may also take one of the following items with them in the cabin of the aircraft:
- A foldaway stroller.
- A child safety chair approved for use on board aircraft.
- A bassinet.
We recommend taking valuable objects such as documents, money, jewels, electronic items, etc into the cabin of the airplane.
Benefit for LATAM Pass and LATAM Fidelidade members.
Black, Black Signature and Platinum members can also take an additional piece of luggage weighing up to 23 kilos regardless of what fare they purchase. Furthermore, for domestic flights in Brazil, Gold members can carry an additional item of baggage of up to 23 kg (50 lb).
Benefits for clients with bank cards
Passengers with credit cards WorldMember Limited, WorldMember, WorldMember Ferrari or Platinum Santander LATAM Pass issued in Chile; Visa LATAM Pass Infinite Banco BCP issued in Peru; Visa Platinum or Signature LATAM Pass from Banco de Bogotá y de Occidente issued in Colombia and Visa Infinite Banco Itaú issued in Uruguay may bring additional luggage of up to 23 kilos, whatever fare they purchase.
What can’t you take?
As a preventive measure to protect the security of all those on-board, there are certain objects and goods that may not be transported neither as carry-on baggage or hold baggage. If you have any doubts about what you may or may not travel with, we recommend checking the page with restricted items.
Furthermore, we remind you travelling with Samsung Galaxy Note7 mobile phones is prohibited in all LATAM Airlines flights.
Conditions regarding transport of luggage
- As long as your flights were purchased as part of the same reservation, your luggage will be tagged until your trip’s final destination. Despite this, in some instances you will need to collect your luggage at connecting points so it can undergo customs checks, or go to a different airport. This procedure will also be necessary if you are staying overnight at the airport. The luggage must be checked in again at the baggage desks.
- The weight and items permitted in your baggage are for you only and cannot be transferred to other passengers.
- If you have any other queries about refunds, changes, or anything else, you can check the hold baggage purchase terms and conditions.
You might also be interested in:
Connecting flights with
We respect the baggage allowance policy that is most suitable for you when you check-in with us. For more information please read the baggage policy for flights with other airlines.
Review the list of special items and the special baggage fees that apply for your trip.
Remember that you can only pay special baggage fees in person in the airport.
In addition to the standard baggage allowance for the route and the ticket’s fare class, passengers with reduced mobility can bring any mobility support devices free of charge regardless of the fare or route.
In the Special Needs section you can find more information.