We want to ensure the maximum safety and comfort for infants, children and their families during the flight. We offer special meals, unaccompanied minor service and onboard entertainment for the kids to brighten up those long hours of the flight.
Children may travel unaccompanied or with a responsible adult, depending on their age.
- Children aged between 2 and 11 years must travel accompanied by a person over 18 years of age. For exceptional cases, we offer the Unaccompanied Minor service, allowing children aged between 5 and 11 years to travel alone.
- Children aged between 12 and 17 years may travel unaccompanied. However, if you prefer, you may contract the Unaccompanied Minor service for them.
On international flights all minors must carry with them their current identity document or passport and their family record book or birth certificate. If the child travels with only one of their parents, they will need a notarized permission provided by the other parent or equivalent in their country of origin. In the event that neither of their parents travel with the child, they will need notarized permission from both.
Are you traveling with a newborn?
In order to travel with a newborn baby aged between 1 and 7 days, you will need to provide medical authorization for you and your baby to travel.
Are you traveling with a child aged under 2 years?
- In economy cabin you can share your seat with a child, who will pay only a percentage of the adult fare plus boarding fees and taxes. For domestic flights within Chile and Brazil, you pay only the boarding fees and taxes.
- If you are traveling with two infants, you need to reserve an additional seat for their safety, paying one child fare.
- If the child is traveling in his or her own seat, you will need to take a certified chair for use on board the airplane or an Aviation Child Safety Device (ACSD) for children that weigh between 10 and 20 kilos.
- If traveling with infants or children in Premium Business cabin you must pay the full fare for them, without any discount for children.
If your infant turns 2 years of age during your trip:
- You can reserve a child seat for both flights (outbound and inbound), or
- The child can travel with you on the outbound flight sharing your seat, and you would then pay for the child's seat on the inbound flight.
Are You Traveling With a Newborn?
If your child is between 1 and 7 days old, he or she will require medical certification in order to fly.
Are You Traveling With a Child Aged Under Two?
Each adult can share his or her seat with a baby, paying a percentage of the fare plus boarding fees and taxes. For domestic flights within Chile*, you pay only boarding fees and taxes.
*Except Easter Island.
- If you are traveling with two babies, you will need an additional seat for their safety and must pay the fare for one child.
- If the baby is traveling with an assigned seat, he or she will require a seat that is certified for use on an airplane or an ACSD safety device. Both of these items must be provided by the passenger.
- Babies and children travelling in Premium Business pay the adult fare.
If your baby turns 2 years old during your trip, you can:
- Reserve a child seat for both flights (outbound and inbound), or
- On the outbound flight your baby can travel with you, sharing your seat, and for the return you can reserve a child seat.
- Your baby may be safer and more comfortable in a bassinet.
- To be eligible for this service, your baby must not weigh more than 10 kg and must be less than 71 cm long.
- Available only for passengers traveling on Economy class.
- This service is offered on the Boeing 767, the Boeing 787, and on the Airbus 340.
- Request it as you make your reservation or up to 48 hours before your flight with our Contact Center or at any LAN Sales Office.
- The adult will be assigned a front row seat for comfort with the bassinet.
- Applications submitted from December 10 onwards will be subject to charge.
- This service is also offered by TAM, which means that you can fly with both airlines in the same trip.
- The passenger traveling with the baby and one companion on the same reservation will have the right to be assigned bassinet seats in the front rows of the aircraft (if there is no companion, only one passenger will be assigned this type of seat). Other people on the same reservation will be assigned seats in line with the terms and conditions of the fare paid.
- The service must be paid for directly at LAN Sales Offices. If this is not possible, or if there is no sales office in the country where the trip begins, the charge will be levied directly at the airport when boarding the LAN and/or TAM flight.