We want to ensure the maximum safety and comfort for infants, children and their families during the flight. We offer special meals, unaccompanied minor service and onboard entertainment for the kids to brighten up those long hours of the flight.
Children may travel unaccompanied or with a responsible adult, depending on their age.
- Children aged between 2 and 11 years must travel with an adult older than 18 years old or an emancipated teen (if traveling with one of their parents) in the same or another cabin on the airplane. For exceptional cases, we offer the Unaccompanied Minor service, allowing children aged between 8 and 11 years to travel alone.
- Children aged between 12 and 17 years may travel unaccompanied. However, if you prefer, you may contract the Unaccompanied Minor service for them.
- Minors between 8 and 11 years of age traveling with a responsible adult on the same flight may travel in another cabin on the airplane but at the time of boarding they must inform the crew of the seat where the minor can be found.
Are you traveling with a newborn?
In order to travel with a newborn baby aged between 1 and 7 days, you will need to provide medical authorization for you and your baby to travel.
Are you traveling with a child aged under 2 years?
- Passengers with reservations for children under 2 years old must have their Check-in done on our website.
- In economy cabin you can share your seat with a child, who will pay only a percentage of the adult fare plus boarding fees and taxes. For domestic flights within Chile (except Easter Island), children under 2 years old do not pay fare, taxes or boarding pass.
- In economy cabin or domestic flights within in Brazil, you pay only the boarding fees and taxes.
- Children under 2 years old must travel accompanied by a responsible adult.
- For safety reasons, each adult may travel with up to 2 babies, booking an additional seat for one of them and paying for the infant fare.
- If the minor is traveling in his or her own seat, you’ll need to take a certified chair for his or her use on board, or an Aviation Child Safety Device (ACSD) for children that weigh between 22 and 44 lbs.
- If traveling with an infant or child in the Premium Economy or Premium Business cabin you must pay the full fare for them, without any discount for children, because they will sit in their own seat.
- Children between 0 and 23 months traveling on an infant fare can only bring 1 personal item into the cabin, such as a folding stroller, a portable bassinet or an airplane approved car seat. If there is no space available in the cabin, we will check it into the hold at no additional cost.
- The infant fare does not include baggage, but if you have a Promo, Light, Plus or Top fare ticket, you can purchase it at a discount up to 6 hours before your flight through My Trips, by calling the Contact Center or directly at the airport.
- You must consider that the feeding of the child is the responsibility of the passenger in charge.
If your infant turns 2 years of age during your trip:
- You can reserve a child seat for both flights (outbound and inbound), or
- The child can travel with you on the outbound flight sharing your seat, and you would then pay for the child's seat on the inbound flight.