Other information and services
For its passengers safety, and to move forward technology at the same time, LAN regulates the usage of electronic devices on-board.
Usage of Electronic Devices On-board
It is forbidden the usage of any electronic device during the time the aircraft is leaving the park, is taking-off or landing. After take-off, the crew will inform you when to use allowed electronic devices. Devices with wireless features may be used only if these functions are turned off
After take-off, the crew will inform when may the following electronic devices be used:
- Portable music and video player (MP3, MP4, CD, DVD, IPod), only using headphones.
- Personal Computers with its wireless features turned off.
- Electronic toys or consoles without remote control (Nintendo DS, PSP, etc.)
- Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) with its wireless features turned off.
- iPhone, Blackberry, Smartphone and/or any mobile telephone with its wireless features turned off. In some telephones this option is called “flight safe”, “flight mode”, “secure mode” or “plane mode”, and must be activated during the whole flight. We remind you that it is forbidden to make telephone calls and/or send text messages.
- We have plugs in our B767 and B787 Premium and A340 Premium in both classes and Economy Premium Class in our fleet A320, A319, A321 and A350.
- For increased comfort during your business trips, we have universal conectivity to charge batteries of your computer, iPod, DVD player, electronic game, etc.
- The compatible interfaces are: EURO, SCHUKO, SWISS 3 pines, ITALY 3 pines, UK 3 pines, US standard, 3 pines or 2 pines, AUSTRALIA 3 or 2 pines.
Not allowed equipment
It is forbidden to use the following devices during the whole flight:
- Toys operated by remote control.
- Mobile Phones lacking the option to turn off its wireless features. Remember that it is forbidden to make calls and/or send text messages.
- Any electronic device which has functions of data transmission (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, telephone network, etc) and that they cannot be disabled.