Terms and Conditions
LATAM+ Seat: Seats with special characteristics that can be selected ahead of time for a fee or that may be included in the fare, depending on the fare purchased by the passenger. These seats are located in the first rows and in the exit row.
In compliance with Aviation Authority regulations--and for safety reasons--a passenger can travel in an emergency exit seat as long as they meet the following requirements:
- A seat in the emergency exit row is only available for passengers between 15 and 60 years old.
- Be able to understand and communicate in English or Spanish.
- Be able to read and understand the “Emergency Exit Row Seat” card.
- Must not be traveling with another passenger that requires their assistance or care. Example: Children under 15 years old or passengers with reduced mobility.
- Have enough mobility and ability to remove obstacles, handle the emergency exits and exit quickly while helping other passengers.
- Be able to see and hear well enough to use the emergency exit.
- Evaluate if they suffer from a condition that may be affected or aggravated by handling the emergency exit.
- Be willing to help other passengers when needed.
- If the passenger accepts these conditions without meeting one of them, they will be disembarked from the flight and LATAM Airlines reserves the right to take legal action.
Standard Seat: Seats that can be selected ahead of time for a fee or that may be included in the fare, depending on the fare purchased by the passenger. If the passenger chooses not to pay the fee, the system will assign a random seat during the Check-in process.
The passenger can select a seat:
- When purchasing their fare online.
- After purchasing their fare, in the My Trips section of our website.
- During online Check-in.
- At our LATAM Sales Offices at any airport.
- By calling the Contact Center (0800 026 0728)
- This service can be requested at any time through LATAM.com, the Contact Center (0800 026 0728) and LATAM Sales Offices at any airport, up to 1 hour before flight departure.
- Service available only for the Economy cabin on flights operated by LATAM.
- Seats are selected per flight, as well as the price indicated for payment.
- If a passenger on your reservation needs special services (passengers traveling with a pet in the cabin, passengers that need medical assistance, passengers with animal assistance and unaccompanied minors), you will not be charged for reserving a seat. You can request your seat, free of cost, by calling the Contact Center (0800 026 0728) or at any airport.
- This service is not available for group reservations (7 people or more within the same reservation).
- Seats are subject to availability at the time of request.
- Black Signature (Emerald), Black (Emerald) and Platinum (Sapphire) category passengers of the LATAM Pass, LATAM Fidelidade and oneworld Alliance programs can select a Standard or LATAM+ Seat on domestic flights, at no cost. For international flights, only Black Signature (Emerald) and Black (Emerald) passengers of the LATAM Pass, LATAM Fidelidade and oneworld Alliance programs can select a Standard or LATAM+ Seat, at no cost.
- Black Signature (Emerald) and Black (Emerald) category passengers of the LATAM Pass, LATAM Fidelidade and oneworld Alliance programs can select a LATAM+ seat for one (1) companion on the same reservation, at no cost. This benefit must be requested through the Contact Center (0800 026 0728).
- Passengers that purchased a Top fare can select a LATAM+ Seat, at no cost.
- The seats are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-endorsable to any other persons.
- No monetary refunds will be given for voluntary passenger changes.
- If for reasons relating to flight operations, safety or service we are not able to give you the seat that you selected, then we will offer you an alternative seat. If you do not agree, we will give you a different seat and you can ask for a refund by calling our Contact Center (0800 026 0728). You will be repaid via the same payment method you used.
- To check the status of a refund request, the passenger can call our Contact Center (0800 026 0728).