Buy Safely. Buy Worry-Free. Buy at our website
Purchase your flights and services through our website safe in the knowledge that we adhere to the highest standards to make sure your transactions are secure. We also keep the details you enter private.
Reserve Your Tickets at our website. It's Convenient, Easy and SAFE
- We employ the highest in security standards and international security certifications.
- We use TLS technology, with a server certified by a trusted entity.
- All information entered into our site is kept strictly confidential.
What Security Measure has our website Undertaken?
We use TLS (Transport Layer Security) technology, which ensures both the authenticity of our site and the encoding of all the information you provide.
Every time you purchase a ticket at our website and provide information of a personal nature, no matter where you are, your browser will connect to our site via the TLS protocol, which affirms that you are really at our website and using our servers (which will be made apparent through the appearance of the HTTPS code in the address bar of your browser). This way, a method of encoding your information and a unique session password are established.
This technology allows your personal information (such as your name, address and credit card information) to be encoded prior to your transaction, so that it cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
All TLS certificates are created for a particular server, at a specific domain and for an established commercial entity.
What Information Does our website Ask For?
- Information required for the purchase of a ticket: first name, last name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the information needed with respect to the chosen form of payment.
- Information regarding your interests and personal preferences: this information is requested with the goal of developing new products and services.
- All information entered at our website in kept strictly confidential.
Personal data provided by clients when registering will be treated in conformance with Spanish Act 15/1999 relating to Personal Data Protection and the other regulatory provisions on the topic which form part of the "Internet Users" file belonging to LATAM Airlines Group S.A. relating to the sending of commercial communications for providing, promoting and purchasing products and direct marketing campaigns. This information may be passed onto LATAM Airlines Group companies for the same purpose. When you complete the registration form, the authorised person must give their consent, so that LATAM may store information and use it for the purposes and assignments described above. Rights of access, rectification, cancelation and objection to the information may be exercised by writing to LATAM Airlines Group S.A., Capitán Haya 1, Piso 7º, 28020, Madrid, Spain. To unsubscribe from these communications, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information Does our website Store?
- We store such personal information as your first name, last name, address, e-mail address, LATAM Pass account number, your flight data and travel history. This information can be used to inform you about, for example, possible last minute changes.
- Our website does NOT store your credit card information.
- This website uses Google Analytics Premium, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited (“Google”). Google Analytics Premium uses “cookies,” which are files that are stored in your browser in order to collect general information about how you use the website: which pages you visit, where you click, how long you spend on the site, your age, gender, and interests, etc. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website and your current IP-address will be transmitted by your browser to and will be stored by Google on servers in the United States and other countries. On behalf of the operator of this website Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
Phishing is a fraudulent way of tricking people into providing personal or confidential information so that third parties can use it illegally. Phishing can take place through conversations (for example, by telephone) or online, using either false emails or websites.
Using false emails involves sending an email that appears to be legitimate, including graphics and text that imitate those of a real company, with the aim of obtaining confidential information. Normally, this type of email:
- Doesn't address the client by name, using generic greeting such as "Dear client" instead.
- Requests personal or confidential information.
- Appears to be legitimate: the sender, email address and links are disguised to make you believe that they come from a legitimate company.
- Is not stored on the homepage of the company it pretends to come from.
- Provides false arguments, usually indicating that you´ve won a prize and that, to claim it, you need to update your account information urgently. The aim is for you to enter a false web page and update your credit card or bank account information or username and password and/or accept fraudulent actions.
- These emails generally contain obvious grammatical and spelling errors.
At LATAM Airlines, we want to protect you from phishing in emails that pretend to come from LATAM Airlines. If you suspect that you´ve been targeted as a victim of phishing, please pay special attention to the following:
- If you get an email with the previously mentioned characteristics and you want to be sure of its legitimacy, check out the site the email´s links send you to, placing your mouse´s cursor on the links (normally blue and underlined). Your browser will show you the real web address to which the link leads in the status bar or as a pop-up. Make sure these links lead to a legitimate site.
- If a link´s URL is written in the main part of the email, we recommend you copy and paste the link´s text to your browser, as opposed to clicking on it directly.
- If you want to find out the URL of an image or banner, use the right button of your mouse to click on the image and, depending on your browser, select the option that allows you to copy the image´s URL (i.e. "copy direct access", "copy hyperlink", "copy link address", etc.). Then paste this address in your browser and see if the link leads to a legitimate site.
- LATAM Airlines will never ask you to provide your LATAM Pass by email or to download programs as part of a promotion. Check the endings of attached files. LATAM Airlines will never send you files ending in ".exe"
- If you have any doubts about whether an email is really from LATAM Airlines, don´t click on any links, open any attached files or follow any of the instructions indicted in the email. Instead, call our Contact Center on (56 2) 2687 2400.
Make sure you don´t share your email and personal information on web sites or with people who may use this information irresponsibly. Remember that LATAM Airlines has high standards of security to protect your personal data and that any email can be used for phishing using the LATAM Airlines brand.