Depending on the route, cabin and fare you chose when you purchased your ticket, you can check different types of baggage in the hold of the airplane for free.
Remember that checked baggage must:
- Comply with dimension and weight restrictions.
- Not contain restricted articles or prohibited items.
- Be checked at the LATAM check-in counters at the airport. If otherwise, you will be charged an additional fee at the time of boarding.
How much hold luggage does your fare include?
Flights purchased during the first semester of 2017
If you purchased your ticket before the following dates, the conditions of every fare purchased will remain the same and you can check your bag at no additional cost:
- May 20, 2017: Flights within Chile.
- June 10, 2017: Flights within Peru.
- June 24, 2017: Flights within Brazil.
- July 8, 2017: Flights within Colombia and within Ecuador.
- September 1, 2018: Flights within Argentina.
Baggage allowance for children aged under 2 years
Children between 0 and 23 months traveling on a child’s fare can only check one 23 kg. item in the hold.
If there is available space, they may also take one of the following items with them in the cabin of the aircraft:
- A foldaway stroller.
- A child safety chair approved for use on board aircraft.
- A bassinet.
We recommend taking valuable objects such as documents, money, jewels, electronic items and other personal items into the cabin of the airplane.
Benefits for LATAM members and other alliances
What can’t you take?
For everyone’s safety, transporting some objects and items are prohibited, such as the Samsung Galaxy Note7 cell phones, whether in the cabin or in the hold of the airplane.
If you have questions about what items you can travel with, we recommend you read what items are restricted on our flights.
What if you’re bringing special baggage or your luggage exceeds the maximum weight and size?
If your checked baggage exceeds the weight and/or dimension restrictions, please review the freight conditions, weight, maximum size, and costs incurred from excess baggage.
If you’re traveling with sports equipment, musical instruments, televisions and/or monitors, review the policies and prices for special baggage.
Conditions regarding transport of luggage
- As long as your flights were purchased as part of the same reservation, your luggage will be tagged until your trip’s final destination. Despite this, in some instances you will need to collect your luggage at connecting points so it can undergo customs checks, or go to a different airport. This procedure will also be necessary if you are staying overnight at the airport. The luggage must be checked in again at the baggage desks.
- The weight and items permitted in your baggage are for you only and cannot be transferred to other passengers.
- If you have any other queries about refunds, changes, or anything else, you can check the hold baggage purchase terms and conditions.