Our service ensures that children who are traveling without their parents or carers arrive safety to their destination. We give our assurance that we will take care of them during the whole course of their journey - including any stopovers, migration and security control points - and deliver them to the person in charge of receiving them at their destination terminal.
Who can use this service?
- Children aged 5-11 years.
- Children aged 12-17 years (optional).
- This service is not available for children who require a medical certificate to fly.
- To use this service, children must be able to feed themselves and undertake their basic hygiene needs. They must also be able to move themselves in case of an evacuation and respond to safety instructions.
- It is forbidden for children to travel with pets in the aircraft cabin or in the hold.
- It is only available on direct flights or with connecting flights operated by LATAM. It is important that they do not change airport while making the connecting flight and that there is a waiting time of no longer than 4 hours.
- You can request to be refunded for the service, with no penalty charge.
- Children will be seated in the front area of the aircraft, so that our flight crew can have optimal visibility and control of the minors; they will be the first to board and the last to disembark.
Will you be requiring this service?
The child carer must be present at our counter in the airport to complete the Unaccompanied Minor form, which requires the following information:
- Name, surname(s) and age of the child.
- Name, surname(s), telephone number and address of the child carer in the airport of origin.
- Name, surname(s), telephone number and address of the child carer at the destination airport.
- Routes within Brazil: R$ 149.
- Routes within Chile, Argentina and Ecuador: US$ 15 per flight.
- Routes within Colombia: $ 50,000 Colombian pesos.
- Routes within Peru: US$ 25.
- International routes: US$ 100.