Find the answers to your questions and be part of our LATAM Fidelidade program!
Are there benefits to being a LATAM Fidelidade member?
Of course there are! When you become a member of our LATAM Fidelidade scheme, you will be able to collect points and redeem them on domestic and international flights. What’s more, you will be part of one of our 5 categories offering a wide range of benefits including fee cabin upgrade, extra baggage, priority boarding, priority check-in and much more.
The more points you collect, the more benefits you will have to make the most of your trip!
How do I earn Multiplus points?
Earn Multiplus points every time you travel with LATAM Airlines or oneworld airlines.
Keep in mind that:
- Each point is valid for 2 years. If the first point earned is older than this, the second point will then be considered as the first point, until it expires too, and so on.
For example, if you got your first point on January 20, 2006, it will be valid until January 20, 2008. If you did not manage to earn enough points to pay for a flight, these points will expire, and the next point (for example, from February 25, 2006), will become the first valid point, and so on.
- The Official Terms & Conditions of the LATAM Fidelidade Scheme are registered with the Sao Paulo First Registry Office for Certificates and Documents.
How do I calculate my Multiplus points?
Each member category has a unique multiplier for earn Multiplus points. You’ll always use the same multiplier wherever you travel. All you’ll have to do is use this amount, multiply it by each dollar you spent on your airline ticket and you’ll get the Multiplus points you’ve earned. This way we can reward you when you spend more. What’s more, the higher your member category, the higher your multiplier.
Can I earn Multiplus points from another airline’s scheme?
Yes, but each scheme functions independently and you cannot earn points in more than one scheme for the same trip. Each time you fly you must choose just one of the schemes to earn points. If you are part of oneword airlines loyalty schemes, you will not be able to transfer your points from them to LATAM Fidelidade and vice versa.
What are Elite points?
Elite points are points that can be used to change or maintain your member category. To calculate your Elite points earned on each trip, you will need to multiply the distance traveled by the percentage for the selected fare. Each fare has a different value, both for national and international segments, in addition to different benefits when you plan your trip.
What are Elite Dollars?
Elite Dollars it's the concept that we use to refer to the dollars you spend on the purchase of LATAM or oneworld tickets. The Elite Dollars consider only the value of the ticket marketed by LATAM. Shipping fees, taxes, or any additional expenses to the ticket are not considered as Elite Dollars. To become an Elite member you must achieve a minimum annual spending in Elite Dollars
How can I upgrade my category in the scheme?
In order to upgrade category, you must collect a certain number of Elite points* on each trip and a minimum level of Elite dollars*.
*Elite Dollars it's the concept that we use to refer to the dollars you spend on the purchase of LATAM or oneworld tickets. The Elite Dollars consider only the value of the ticket marketed by LATAM. Shipping fees, taxes, or any additional expenses to the ticket are not considered as Elite Dollars. To become an Elite member you must achieve a minimum annual spending in Elite Dollars.
*Elite points are points that can be used to change or maintain your member category. To calculate your Elite points earned on each trip, you will need to multiply the distance traveled by the percentage for the selected fare. Each fare has a different value, both for national and international segments, in addition to different benefits when you plan your trip.
How do I calculate Elite points on connecting flights?
Firstly, bear in mind that all legs of a flight count towards qualifying for an Elite category. As such, if your flight has a connection, these will count as multiple legs.
If you purchased a ticket from Santiago to Lima, this will count as 1 leg. If you purchased a ticket from Santiago to Sao Paulo with a connection in Buenos Aires, this will count as 2 legs.
*Remember that to qualify for an Elite category, you must collect a minimum number of Elite points or a minimum number of Elite dollars.
*To calculate your Elite points, you will need to multiply the distance traveled by a percentage that varies according to the fare group you selected.
Can I book a flight using Multiplus points?
You can book and pay for tickets for domestic and international LATAM flights and oneworld up to 365 prior to the date of your flight. You have three fixed profiles for redeeming points, with points and availability varying depending on the number of seats available, period, date and time of the flight, how far in advance you are redeeming, etc.
In order to book a ticket, all points must belong to the cardholder. The ticket may be purchased in the name of a different passenger. This also applies for class upgrades and LATAM Airlines Paraguay legs. Don’t forget that on flights booked with points, boarding fees, taxes from local and international authorities and other fees are not included.
Tickets for LATAM flights are not subject to seat restrictions. There are seats available on the selected flight. On flights with partner airlines, there are seats reserved for the LATAM Fidelidade Scheme. That means that if these seats are not available on the selected flight, you must choose another seat.
- Is not possible to book open tickets.
- We charge a fee for booking tickets with points as part of the LATAM Fidelidade Scheme when the booking is made at one of our offices or through our Sales and Relations Center. This fee is $20.00 USD for domestic flights and $35.00 or $50.00 USD for international flights. Tickets booked on our website are not subject to this charge.
- Tickets purchased with points that involve partner airlines can only be booked through our Sales Center.
- To book tickets in international offices: for members who were informed by our booking center, when booking your ticket using points, you must complete the forms and email them to the given address, with a copy of your identity document attached.
In order to book the ticket using points, the Authorization Form must be properly completed, filling in the details of the Fidelidade cardholder and the booking reference number. This form must be signed the Fidelidade cardholder and emailed to the given address.
- To book tickets using your Multiplus points, you need to request a redemption password.
Request your redemption password.
- If you have a connection with two legs, one international and the other domestic, in different classes, the points will be registered for the longer leg.
- If the partner airline does not offer the same class on international connections, the longer leg will be valid. For example: Sao Paulo/París/Porto in Business Class on the Sao Paulo to Paris leg, with connection from Paris to Porto in First Class. If one of the legs of the international connection is in Economy Class and the next in a higher class, both of the legs will be registered, both for collecting points and for redeeming points, in accordance with the service classes.
- Your tickets for LATAM domestic and international flights are valid for 365 days from the date of booking. Both the outbound and return flights must be within the given period.
- LATAM Fidelidade points cannot be sold or transferred.
- In the event of a beneficiary who is a minor (2 to 12 years old), a different redemption method will apply and the fare to paid will depend on the route and age of the child.
Can I redeem my points for flights in different classes?
The tickets booked with redeemed points should ideally be in the same class. To book in different classes, the charge will be proportional.
Can I change a ticket booked with Multiplus points?
Any change of date/time of flight and/or itinerary must be made in our offices, via our call center or online. If applicable, we charge a fee depending on the profile of the original fare plus the difference.
*Prices in Brazilian reais (BRL) were converted according to the exchange rate on May 27, 2013. The prices in US dollars (USD) will be converted to Brazilian reais (BRL) according to the daily exchange rate.
Any requests for substitution must be made at our offices. You must enter the password for your card. From May 13, 2010, only one leg may be reimbursed for tickets booked with partner airlines, as long as it is within the validity period.
Can I request a reimbursement of my Multiplus points?
Requests for reimbursement must be made in our offices, call center or online. For your points to be reimbursed, you must enter the password for your card, and the ticket must be within the validity period. The reimbursed points will have the same value as the original points, as they were not used before being reimbursed. From May 13, 2010, only one leg may be reimbursed for tickets booked with partner airlines, as long as it is within the validity period. Our reimbursement period for tickets purchased with redeemed points is up to 30 days after purchase.
*Prices in Brazilian reais (BRL) were converted using the exchange rate on May 27, 2013. The prices in US dollars (USD) will be converted to Brazilian reais (BRL) according to the daily exchange rate.
How do Cabin Upgrade benefits work?
Black Signature, Black, Platinum and Gold members can request a Courtesy Cabin Upgrade on all international routes operated by LATAM Airlines.
Request a free Cabin Upgrade:
- When you Check-in for your flight on our website, click on the link that takes you to the page to request a free Cabin Upgrade.
- If you did not do this at the time, select the Upgrade Request option from the LATAM Fidelidade menu.
*Benefit offered subject to availability.