Fly in a superior cabin and take your experience to the next level
Use your Elite Member Coupons to fly in Premium Economy or Premium Business cabins on all your international flights sold and operated by LATAM Airlines.
Priority to obtain your Cabin Upgrade will depend on your Elite category*, the time you apply and the availability of seats on the flight. Please remember that you must apply 48 hours before your flight departs on our website, and not upon arriving at the airport. In order to apply, you must have processed your Check-in for the flight.
If you are one of the lucky ones, we will notify you directly at the airport or via e-mail 12 hours before your flight.
*If you are a Black Signature or Black category member, you will be given higher priority when submitting an upgrade request using courtesy coupons than by submitting your request through the Upgrade option.
Do you know how many coupons you have and how many you need to apply for an Upgrade?
Laura is a Gold Plus member and she has 4 Upgrade Cupons for herself and her companion. She purchased a direct Santiago - New York fare flight LA532 with an Economy - Top fare.
Travel in a premium cabin
Relax in seats that recline and turn into flat beds. Enjoy the warmest onboard service and savour our gourmet menu created by famous chefs, together with wines selected by the most awarded sommelier in South America.
Enjoy your regional flights. In this exclusive cabin offering preferential service, you’ll find all the space and comfort you need for your trip. We designed this class specifically in response to what passengers traveling on business most value on short-haul flights: the opportunity to maximize their time and enjoy excellent service.
Terms and Conditions
- The conditions for members also apply to their companions.
- Coupons are valid for one year. Renewal is every year on April 1 (the year starts on April 1 and ends on March 31).
- Coupons are not cumulative.
- Companions can use coupons available to Elite members as long as they travel with the owner of the coupons, irregardless of whether they are on another reservation and/or cabin or not, and as long as they comply with Upgrade request conditions.
- Passengers who have received confirmation of the UPG will have the same benefits as passengers traveling in the upper cabin: baggage allowance, access to VIP lounge, preferential boarding and Check-in, and Priority luggage.
- If you make your request between 12 and 2 hours before your flight, we won't be able to respect your priority and you will have to verify availability at the boarding gate at the airport.
- The Courtesy Upgrade confirmation is always subject to cabin availability and to possible airplane changes at the time of the trip.
- Your location on the list may change up to 45 minutes before your flight departure and will be confirmed at the boarding gate, subject to cabin availability.
- Tickets issued with a discount and infants are not eligible unless they are issued to a paid adult fare that meets the minimum family fare requirements for requesting an upgrade.
- The Courtesy Upgrade does not apply in the following cases: Courtesy tickets or other free ticket promotions, reduced fare tickets, companion tickets, charter flight tickets, tickets with a discount for travel agents or airline industry employees (except tickets with an EM benefit that satisfies the minimum fare requirements), infant tickets, tickets purchased for articles that occupy a seat, tickets with unpublished fares (including group fares) and tickets subject to special terms and conditions.
- The Cabin Upgrade benefit is subject to limited availability per flight, for requests through coupons, miles or bidding (via auction).
- If you have any problems, get in touch with our Contact Center.