Flights to and from Brazil
Pack your bags with peace of mind
Find out how many items of luggage you can take in the hold of the aircraft free of charge and their permitted dimensions and weight.
Standard weight and size of each bag
- Linear dimension: 158 cm. (width + height + length) or 62 in.
- Weight: 23 kg. (50 lb)
- You must pay for additional baggage if your bag exceeds these dimensions or weight restrictions.
- If your bag exceeds the dimension restrictions of 300 lineal centimeters or 45 kilos (except flights within Brazil, where the limit is 60 kilos), you will not be able to transport it in the hold, but you may transport it with LATAM Cargo. For flights purchased starting May 18, 2017, the maximum weight allowance on flights within Brazil is 45 kg.
Please read our Elite Categories section to see if you have any LATAM Pass or LATAM Fidelidade benefit relating to your baggage allowance.
Your baggage will always be labeled with the final destination of your trip. Your baggage will be labeled to the final destination of your trip, as long as the flights are within the same reservation.
In spite of the above, in some cases you must remove it at the point of connection to carry out processes such as Customs or change of airport, and return it to the check-in counters.
On LATAM itineraries, the most permissive baggage allowance will apply when the entire itinerary is on the same reservation.
The weight and items permitted in your baggage are for you only and cannot be transferred to other passengers.
Baggage allowance for your flight route and cabin category
Review your baggage allowance if you purchased your flight before May 18, as you can may have a different allowance to that detailed below depending on your trip.
Baggage allowance on connecting flights with other airline companies
We respect the baggage allowance policy that is most suitable for you when you check-in with us. For more information please read the Baggage allowance policy on flights with other airline companies.
Your luggage will be labeled to the final destination of your trip as long as the different flights are on the same reservation. In spite of this, in some cases you will have to remove your luggage at the connecting points to carry out customs procedures or change airports. This procedure also applies if you must stay overnight at the airport. The luggage must then be dispatched back to the check-in counters
Baggage allowance for children aged under 2 years
The permitted allowance of checked baggage for children aged under 2 years (between 0 and 23 months) is 1 bag of 23 kg (50 lb). If they are traveling on routes between Brazil and Europe or between Brazil and the US, they may take 1 bag of 32 kg (70 lb).
For tickets purchased starting May 18, 2017 and with a flight date after that same day: children under the age of 2 (between 0 and 23 months) can check 1 bag weighing 23 kg. (50 lb) on all our flights.
If there is available space, they may also take one of the following items with them in the cabin of the aircraft:
- A foldaway stroller.
- A child safety chair approved for use on board aircraft.
- A bassinet.
You can bring the following hold baggage items free of cost:
- A foldaway wheelchair, a pair of crutches or other orthopedic apparatus you may require as a mobility aid.