When and how to board
Because we want to improve your boarding experience, we implemented a boarding process designed to simplify and speed up the times, so that you can enjoy your time before the flight.
We’re going to distribute passengers from each flight into 7 groups. The boarding pass will indicate which group the passenger belongs to. Kindly wait until it is your turn to board to approach the door. At the gate, there will be signs to guide passengers through the process.
Passengers requiring special assistance will continue to have priority boarding and will have their own boarding access line.
Stage 1: Pre-boarding
Stage 2: Premium boarding
Stage 3: Regular boarding
* Premium and special services passengers who arrive after their boarding section is called can board at any time.
* Colombia: In compliance with the resolution 1054 of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Colombia, the flight will be boarding from the back of the plane to the front, therefore we will not have group boarding or premium boarding on flights originating in Colombia.
ATTENTION: For tickets purchased from September 10th, 2021, the following services will no longer be free for Elite members traveling on our Basic fare:
- Additional baggage on LATAM flights
- Free seat selection
- LATAM+ seat
- Flights moved forward or postponed within the same day
- Priority boarding
- Priority baggage
- Special Services
If you want to add these services, you can do so in the “My Trips” section. However, Priority Check-in, access to the VIP Lounge, WhatsApp and preferential Contact Center will continue to be available.
- Calculate the time it takes to get to the boarding gate.
- You can also check for your gate number on the monitors at the airport.
- Always have your boarding pass and your ID on hand. Remember that you can show the gate agent your boarding pass on your phone or on our App.
- Pay attention to the boarding gate signs and the announcements to see when it’s your turn to board.
- Please keep the area clear as to speed up the boarding process. Help us fulfill our promise to reduce airplane boarding times.
We would like to remind you that passengers arriving after the boarding door has closed will not be able to board the aircraft as to not delay the flight’s departure.
We recommend you take a seat and pay attention to the signs while waiting for your turn to board.