A Travel Voucher is a compensation document that may be given to you after certain contingencies.
From the date when Travel Voucher was issued, you have up to 6 months to redeem the associated amount for a bank transfer, for flights or for services purchased on LATAM.com, according to the shown compensation amount.
Do you know how long your Travel Voucher is valid for? You can check its status by entering the Travel Voucher information as it appears on your physical or digital document.
Due to the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we’re taking the appropriate measures to give you more flexibility. If your flight was affected by cancellation, border closure or a state of emergency, you can reschedule it for free. We invite you to check out the different options to postpone your trip.
If you still don't know when you want to travel, rest easy as you won't lose your money. You can request a refund that will be provided in the form of a Travel Voucher that can be redeemed within the next 12 months.
How can you redeem your Travel Voucher?
For flights operated by LATAM Airlines
To redeem a Travel Voucher for the amount associated with services, after choosing your flights, in the Passenger Information section, you must select the option “I have a Travel Voucher and want to use it on this purchase”.
For additional services on flights operated by LATAM Airlines
You can also redeem your Travel Voucher by contacting our Contact Center for other services, such as:
- To pay for fines and/or fare differences.
- To pay for excess baggage.
- To pay for luggage, LATAM+ seats, pet transportation or unaccompanied minor assistance.
As the owner of the Travel Voucher, you can request a bank transfer of the amount directly to your bank account and check the status of your request during the entire process. If you want to redeem for a third party, please call the Contact Center. In both cases, you’ll receive payment in your local currency based on the exchange rate on the day you requested to redeem.
For purchases made with a VISA card
For flights departing from airports in the United States and/or Europe, the amount of the Travel Voucher is sent via a prepaid Visa card as defined by regulation DOT 14 CFR Part 250 - Oversales & Denied Boarding Compensation in the United States and pursuant to Regulation (CE) no. 261/2004 in Europe.
On flights that departed from airports in the United States, the amount will be charged in American dollars and the card will be issued by the Bank of America. Otherwise, for flights departing from Europe--except in Tel Aviv (TLV) and Johannesburg (JNB)--the amount will be charged in euros.
There are no fees for using this VISA card for purchases or for withdrawing money from an ATM. If transactions are made in other currencies abroad, the exchange rate on the day of the purchase or transaction will be applied.
Terms and conditions
Redeeming for services
- This only applies to itineraries with flights sold and marketed by LATAM Airlines Group: LATAM Airlines Chile, LATAM Airlines Argentina, LATAM Airlines Peru, LATAM Airlines Colombia, LATAM Airlines Ecuador, LATAM Airlines Brasil and LATAM Airlines Paraguay.
- If the cost of services is more than the value of the Travel Voucher, you may pay for the difference using any available payment method.
- Ticket purchases can be made through our Contact Center or in any country that has LATAM Sales Offices.
- At the Contact Center you can redeem the Travel Voucher for services or for a bank transfer, as long as you have the required documentation.
- If you redeem your Travel Voucher for LATAM services, its value covers payment of the total net fare. However, you must pay for taxes and fees using another payment method.
- If the amount of the Travel Voucher is more than the amount redeemed for services, you can request the remaining balance on a new Travel Voucher to hold said balance for the next 6 months. If you redeem via the Contact Center, you can request this when you make your redemption. If you redeem via LATAM.com, you will have to call the Contact Center within 7 days to make it effective.
Refunds for tickets purchased with a Travel Voucher
- We will refund the entire amount paid with a Travel Voucher on a new Travel Voucher, unused taxes and fees and the additional payment you made for the ticket. The additional payment will be refunded using the same payment method used.
- Refundable fares: We will refund half of the amount paid with a Travel Voucher, unused taxes and fees and the additional payment made for the ticket. The additional payment will be refunded using the same payment method used.
- Non-refundable fares: only the total of unused taxes and fees will be refunded.