We want to ensure the maximum safety and comfort for infants, children and their families during the flight. We offer special meals, unaccompanied minor service and onboard entertainment for the kids to brighten up those long hours of the flight.

Children may travel unaccompanied or with a responsible adult, depending on their age.

  • Children aged between 2 and 11 years must travel with an adult older than 18 years old or an emancipated teen (if traveling with one of their parents) in the same or another cabin on the airplane. For exceptional cases, we offer the Unaccompanied Minor service, allowing children aged between 8 and 11 years to travel alone.
  • Children aged between 12 and 17 years may travel unaccompanied. However, if you prefer, you may contract the Unaccompanied Minor service for them.

On international flights all minors must carry with them their current identity document or passport and their family record book or birth certificate. If the child travels with only one of their parents, they will need a notarized permission provided by the other parent or equivalent in their country of origin. In the event that neither of their parents travel with the child, they will need notarized permission from both.


Are you traveling with a newborn?

In order to travel with a newborn baby aged between 1 and 7 days, you will need to provide medical authorization for you and your baby to travel.


Are you traveling with a child aged under 2 years?

  • In economy cabin you can share your seat with a child, who will pay only a percentage of the adult fare plus boarding fees and taxes. For domestic flights within Chile (except Easter Island) and Brazil, you pay only the boarding fees and taxes.
  • If you are traveling with two infants, you need to reserve an additional seat for their safety, paying one child fare.
  • If traveling with an infant or child in the Premium Economy or Premium Business cabin you must pay the full fare for them, without any discount for children, because they will sit in their own seat.
  • When the child is traveling in his or her own seat, you will need to take a certified chair for use on board the airplane or an Aviation Child Safety Device (ACSD) for children that weigh between 10 and 20 kilos.

If your infant turns 2 years of age during your trip:

  • You can reserve a child seat for both flights (outbound and inbound), or
  • The child can travel with you on the outbound flight sharing your seat, and you would then pay for the child's seat on the inbound flight.