In 2017, our program will continue evolving by making changes to the way you earn LATAM Pass KMS.
It will be easier to calculate your LATAM Pass KMS. because each member category will have a unique multiplier to earn LATAM Pass KMS. The same multiplier will apply regardless of your flight destination. All you have to do is use this value, multiply it by each dollar you spend on your airline ticket* and you will receive the LATAM Pass KMS. you've earned. This way we can reward you when you spend more. In addition, the higher your Elite status, the higher your multiplier.
*This amount does not include fees, taxes or payment for extra services.
Review the kilometers per dollar (or multiplier) of your member category:
The Elite Bonus you currently receive as an Elite Member will be included in the multiplier, making it easier to calculate your accrual.
Laura is a Gold member and she purchased a round trip ticket from Miami to Santiago for $900 USD with an Economy Base fare.
Bear in mind that:
- To calculate the LATAM Pass KMS. you've earned, we only consider the ticket price. Boarding fees, taxes or any additional expenses such as excess baggage, FORWARD+ or SPACE+ seats, tour packages and travel insurance are not considered for this new condition.
- Some promotional fares, for domestic flights, cannot earn LATAM Pass KMS.
- For tickets purchased in a currency other than the dollar, the exchange rate we will use is the IATA Exchange Rate, which is updated every day from Monday to Friday.
- There is no longer a minimum distance for calculating LATAM Pass KMS. on all routes, which in the case of Chile is 800 kilometers.
- There will be no change in the way you can earn LATAM Pass KMS. by making purchases at associated businesses, financial institutions, with LATAM Travel or with oneworld and associated airlines.
- The maximum amount of kilometers you can earn is 200,000 LATAM Pass KMS. per trip (100,000 LATAM Pass KMS. per segment).
- Your LATAM Pass KMS. will be added to your account within a maximum of 7 days.