Pack your bags with peace of mind
Find out how many items of luggage you can take in the hold of the aircraft free of charge and their permitted dimensions and weight.
Standard weight and size of each bag
- Linear dimension: 158 cm. (62 in) (width + height + length).
- Weight: 23 kg. (50 lb) You must pay for additional baggage if your bag exceeds these dimensions and weight restrictions.
- Baggage that exceeds the maximum dimensions permitted of 300 linear centimeters (118 in) may not be transported as checked baggage.
- The maximum weight permitted to transport your baggage in the hold is 45 kilos (99 lb).
- If you are flying within Brazil, it is 60 kilos (132 lb).
- For routes to/from Aruba, Europe, Australia, Argentina or connections with Air Canada, Iberia, British Airways or Qantas, the maximum weight permitted per piece is 32 kilos (70 lb).
Please read our Elite Categories section to see if you have any LATAM Pass or LATAM Fidelidade benefit relating to your baggage allowance. Your baggage will always be labeled with the final destination of your trip.
Baggage allowance for your flight route and cabin category
Baggage allowance on connecting flights with other airline companies
We respect the baggage allowance policy that is most suitable for you when you check-in with us. For more information please read the Baggage allowance policy on flights with other airline companies.
Baggage allowance for children aged under 2 years
The permitted allowance of checked baggage for children aged under 2 years (between 0 and 23 months) is 1 bag of 23 kg. (50 lb) If they are traveling on routes between Brazil and Europe or between Brazil and the US, they may take 1 bag of 32 kg (70 lb).
If there is available space, they may also take one of the following items with them in the cabin of the aircraft:
- A foldaway stroller.
- A child safety chair approved for use on board aircraft.
- A bassinet.
Additionally, you may take the following in the hold of the aircraft free of charge:
- 1 additional bag of up to 23 kg (50 lb) on flights to or from continental Chile and Easter Island.
- 1 set of golf clubs and a pair of golf shoes on flights within Argentina.
- A foldaway wheelchair, a pair of crutches or other orthopedic apparatus you may require as a mobility aid.