Are you traveling while you are pregnant?
If you are pregnant, we will do everything possible to ensure that your trip is comfortable and safe for you and your baby. We recommend that you check with your doctor before making your trip. You will need a Medical Certificate in order to travel with us.
LATAM launches its Maximum Assistance service. You will receive assistance at the airport and while on board the aircraft. You only need to request this service at least 24 hours before the departure of your flight through the Contact Center.
Up to Week 30 of your pregnancy
If you are in good health, you can travel without any restrictions. If you have any complications during your pregnancy, you must present a medical certificate.
From Week 30
You must bring a medical certificate that was issued within 10 days before your trip. It must include the following information:
- Origin and destination of your trip.
- Details about the departure and arrival dates.
- How many weeks you have been pregnant.
- Written authorization to travel in an airplane.
From Week 36
You need written authorization from the LATAM medical department. Starting on Week 37, you can only travel on flights under 6 hours.
From Week 39
For the safety of you and your baby, you cannot travel with us on any LATAM flight.
Are you pregnant and traveling to or from Peru?
To travel to or from Peru you must be aware of the following exceptions:
- You can travel without restrictions up to the 28th week of pregnancy, as long as you are in good health.
- After the 28th week and BEFORE the 32nd week, you must present a medical certificate at the airport counter.
- After the 32nd week and BEFORE the 36th week, you must apply for a Medical Certificate authorized by LATAM doctors.
- For you and your baby’s safety, we cannot allow you to fly after the 36th week of pregnancy.
Are you pregnant with more than one baby?
After week 30, you will need a medical certificate and after week 32, you must present a certificate authorized by LATAM doctors at least 48 hours before your flight departure.