Restriction on transporting pets
Between December 15, 2016 and March 15, 2017, transporting pets in the hold on all our routes to New York is prohibited.
You may take your four-legged friend with you in the cabin or in the hold of the airplane, depending on the available space on board. We know your pet is an important member of your family, and that's why we aim to make their trip as comfortable and as safe as your own.
Before embarking on the adventure with your pet, bear in mind that there are certain conditions you must meet in order to travel:
Animals that are permitted
- You may only take dogs or cats.
- You cannot take your pet to the following destinations: Galapagos Islands, Australia, New Zealand, Papeete or England.
- The pet must be aged over 8 weeks, or over 4 months if traveling to the United States.
- Other animals may be transported via LATAM Cargo.
- If you are traveling with your pet on board, you will need a certificate from a veterinarian, issued up to 10 days before the flight, confirming that your pet is in good health to travel.
- The health authorities in the countries or cities of your flight destination and any connections may request specific documentation, such as their current vaccinations and health certificate. Please review the reference information on iatatravelcenter.com (in English) and contact the consulate or health authority of the countries you will be visiting.
On the day of your trip
- Your pet will not be admitted to travel if they are sedated.
- They must remain in their travel container during the whole time of the flight.
- You cannot bring containers with wheels.
Please also bear in mind the following:
- It is not permitted for pets to be taken in the airplane cabin by unaccompanied minors under the age of 12 years or passengers who take a POC (respiratory devices for chronic respiratory or heart failure) for sleep apnea.
- In the event your pet is traveling in the cargo hold, the validity of the veterinary certificate is defined by each country's health authority.
- On trips shared with other airline companies the most restrictive conditions will apply. Don't forget to check these conditions and restrictions before you travel.
How can you request this service?
Remember to request the service at one of our Sales Offices or by calling the Contact Center when you are making your reservation - before purchasing the ticket and up to 48 hours before your flight departure, as this service is subject to available space in the airplane.
When you call, you will need to provide the following information about your pet: their age, weight, size and breed.