The oneworld® alliance prides itself on the quality of our member airlines – both in terms of their customer service and their corporate standing. oneworld enables its member airlines to offer services beyond what any individual carrier can provide by itself or one-on-one with another partner.
- Extensive global network, serving more than 1.000 destinations in more than 150 countries.
- Smoother transfers for passengers travelling across the global networks of the oneworld carriers.
- Greater support, with employees of each airline equipped to assist and care for customers travelling with any of the oneworld airlines.
- Greater value, with an unrivalled range of highly flexible, attractively priced tickets making it easier for you to reach more places whatever your budget.
- Quick, easy access to the flight schedules of all oneworld airlines using a variety of downloadable tools.
Visit oneworld.com to discover the full range of oneworld benefits.
oneworld Benefits by Tier Status
Although the oneworld alliance does not offer its own frequent flyer programme, if you are a member of a frequent flyer programme of any oneworld airline, your rewards and privileges are extended throughout the oneworld alliance.
As a LATAM Pass member you will also earn tier status whenever you take anyoneworld flight - that is a flight which is both marketed and operated by a oneworld airline (the 2-letter designator of a oneworld carrier must appear on your ticket).
Because oneworld's airlines all have different names for the top membership tiers in their frequent flyer programmes, the alliance has created a tier of names, based on gemstones, that are common across all oneworld airlines:
- Emerald denotes the top tier in any programme.
- Sapphire denotes the second tier.
- Ruby denotes the third tier.
To help staff easily recognise top-tier members and identify the benefits to which they are entitled, top tier membership cards issued by all oneworld airlines carry a oneworld gemstone symbol in the appropriate colour.
Enjoy oneworld Benefits with your Own Airline's Frequent Flyer Programme
See how your own programme's tier status equates to oneworld status, and the benefits that you will receive.
Find out the privileges to which your tier status entitles you.
(*) Preferred and pre-reserved seating offered in line with the individual policy of the oneworld member airline operating the flight.
First or Business Class check-in desks and lounges are not available at all airports.
Lounge access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is marketed and operated by a oneworld airline. At peak periods, access to some lounges may be restricted because of capacity constraints. Access may not apply at a limited number of lounges operated by third parties.
Access is not available to American Airlines’ AAdvantage members travelling on wholly North American itineraries (within the USA, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, Bahamas and the Caribbean) or to Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold members at Domestic Qantas Business Class lounges.
- Sapphire: one additional checked bag (where the piece concept applies) where the ticketed cabin allowance is 0 or 1 piece or (b) an additional 15kgs (where the weight concept applies) over and above the ticketed economy cabin allowance.
- Emerald: one additional checked bag (where the piece concept applies) or (b) an additional 20kgs (where the weight concept applies) over and above the ticketed cabin allowance.
(**) These benefits will not be available at Guarulhos International Airport (Sao Paulo).
(***) Benefit applies to Emerald and Sapphire tier customers, but is not available on flights operated by British Airways.
Providing some 600 Lounges Across the Globe
The oneworld® alliance airlines provide almost 600 airport departure lounges across the globe. If you are an Emerald or Sapphire level top-tier member Platinum or Black, you will have access to any of these lounges before departure, no matter which oneworld airline you are flying.
At many lounges, you can enjoy refreshments, telephones and computer facilities. At some locations, there are showers, a wider range of business services and meeting facilities. Access is subject to lounge capacity.
Relax in More Premium Lounges Around the World
If your oneworld frequent flyer tier status is Emerald or Saphire, or you are traveling in a First or Business Class cabin on any oneworld member airline, you can access more than 600 airport lounges throughout the world. This means you can relax or catch up with work in comfort and style before departure, regardless of which oneworld member airline you choose to fly with.
- To be eligible, you must be departing on a flight that is both marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline.
- Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result.
- A non-affiliated third party may operate some lounges on behalf of the individual airline. Access to some lounges operated by third-parties on behalf of oneworld member airlines may be restricted at some times.
- Arrivals lounges are excluded.
- Spa and Pre-flight dining facilities are excluded.
- British Airways Concorde lounges are excluded.
Oneworld Lounge Access for Frequent Flyers by Tier Status
Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Saphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programs with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Saphire tier status can use any lounge offered by any oneworld airline when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown.
- Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.
- Saphire tier frequent flyers are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. *Does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges.
- Emerald and Saphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be traveling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.
- You must be prepared to show your boarding pass and frequent flyer membership card, with oneworld Emerald or Saphire tier status, to access a lounge.
The following exceptions apply:
- American Airlines and Qantas offer programmes enabling customers to pay to gain access to their lounges. These programmes are not part of the oneworld agreement, and members of these programmes are not entitled to access lounges under the oneworld agreement.
- American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, cannot access American Airlines lounges when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold members, regardless of their oneworld tier status, cannot access Qantas Domestic Business Lounges.
- These benefits will not be available at Guarulhos International Airport (Sao Paulo).
Oneworld Lounge Access for First Class or Bussiness Class Customers
Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
- Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.
- First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be traveling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights
- First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6 am the following day, can access the lounge when traveling between an international long haul* and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa). (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours).
- Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
The following exception applies:
- First and Business Class customers who do not hold Emerald or Saphire tier status are not eligible to access American Airlines lounges when traveling on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean) other than the exception listed below:
- Customers traveling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.
- These benefits will not be available at Guarulhos International Airport (Sao Paulo).
Fast Track Through Security
We know your time is precious and you would prefer to be in one of the 600 oneworld lounges rather than waiting in line at airport security. That is why, at select airports worldwide, oneworld Emerald frequent flyers can access the 'Fast Track' or 'Priority Lanes' at security check points no matter which cabin they are traveling in. See details and the list of airports where this privilege is available.
Due to restrictions or local agreements with Security Fast Track facility operators, not all oneworld carriers are currently able to extend this benefit to all Emerald tier customers.