If you’re a LATAM Fidelidade member, you can also review the qualifying rules.
At LATAM Pass we have various ways of reaching an Elite category. Choose the way that is most convenient for you and enjoy all our benefits.
As we previously explained, this year we've added a level of minimum annual spending in dollars to two of our current qualification rules. These changes will be effective if you manage to achieve the target levels for moving up a category in 2017 and for the category renewal process in 2018.
In order for you to better understand how the qualification process works, you must consider the following:
- Elite Dollars: it's the concept that we use to refer to the minimum annual spending in dollars during the calendar year to access an Elite Member category. This minimum annual spending will only take the ticket price into account the ticket price commercialized by LATAM. Boarding fees, taxes or any additional expenses are not taken into account for this new condition.
- Elite KMS.: To make it easier for you to recognize the kilometers that are valid for qualification, these are called Elite KMS. That way, you can tell the difference between them and LATAM Pass KMS, which is what you earn by flying with or making purchases at associated business or by using the services of associated financial institutions.
To calculate your Elite KMS., use the distance you've traveled multiplied by a percentage that varies depending on the fare you've chosen. This applies to flights purchased starting on January 1, 2017.
Review the options available to you for accessing Elite categories:
*Valid for Premium Economy and Premium Business segments on LATAM Airlines flights of over 1,600 kilometers.
You can review the Elite KMS. and Elite Dollars you've earned in your account statement. You can also easily view your progress in complying with qualification rules for a superior category.
If you need to review the old qualifications rules (valid until December 31, 2016), click here.
You can also check the old qualifying percentages for the Elite LATAM Pass categories, valid until December 31, 2016.
Bear in mind that:
- To renew member categories in 2017, 2016 qualifying rules apply. Modifications implemented to these qualifying rules on January 1, 2017 affect category renewal in 2018.
- For the effects of calculation, Elite Dollars are considered as flights flown between January 1 and December 31 of each year, regardless of the purchase date.
- For minimum annual spending, only ticket price will be considered. Boarding fees, taxes or any additional expenses such as excess baggage, FORWARD+ or SPACE+ seats, tour packages and travel insurance are not considered for this new condition.
- Commercialized is understood as flights sold by LATAM, regardless of the operator. In other words, a flight combined with a oneworld airline will also be considered for Elite Dollars as long as it is purchased, in its entirety, to LATAM.
- All modifications to the qualifying rules are valid for members residing in U.S.