Throughout 2017, our program will continue to evolve by making some changes to the Elite member category qualifying rules.
From January 1, 2017, a minimum annual spend in dollars will be added to two of the current qualifying rules. These modifications will come into effect if you meet the goals for achieving Elite status in 2017 and for the category renewal process in 2018.
For a better understanding of the qualification process, two new concepts will be introduced:
- Elite Dollars: Refers to minimum annual spend within a calendar year to achieve Elite status. This minimum annual spend will only consider ticket price. Boarding fees, taxes or any additional expenses will not apply to this new earning model.
- Elite KMS.: KMS. eligible for qualification, differentiated from LATAM Pass award kms. earned when flying or using our commercial partners.
To calculate your Elite KMS., you'll continue to use the distance traveled, multiplied by a percentage that is based on the fare family you've chosen. This will apply to flights purchased from January 1, 2017.
Review your options for accessing Elite categories in 2018:
*Valid for Premium Economy and Premium Business segments on LATAM Airlines flights of over 1,600 kilometers.
Starting January 1, 2017, you will be able to review the Elite KMS. and Elite Dollars you've earned in your account statement. You can also easily view your progress meeting the qualifying rules for a superior category.
- To renew Elite status in 2017, 2016 qualifying rules apply. Modifications that are implemented to these qualifying rules on January 1, 2017 will affect category renewal in 2018.
- In the calculation, Elite Dollars are considered as flights flown between January 1 and December 31 of each year regardless the date of purchase.
- In the calculation of Elite KMS., 2016 rules apply to purchases made before January 1, 2017. You can review them here.
- Only the ticket price will be considered for the minimum annual spend. Boarding fees, taxes or any additional expenses such as excess baggage, FORWARD+ or SPACE+ seats, tour packages and travel insurance are not included in the new earning model.
- All modifications to the qualifying rules are valid for members with official residence in the USA.