Terms and Conditions
LATAM+ Seat: Seats with special characteristics that can be selected ahead of time for a fee or that may be included in the fare, depending on the fare purchased by the passenger. These seats are located in the first rows and in the exit row.
In order to confirm this seat, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be over the age of 15 on all flights and under the age of 60 on LATAM Airlines Brazil flights.
- Have sufficient mobility, strength and dexterity to operate emergency exits.
- Be able to read and understand commands in the language of the crew: Portuguese or English on flights operated by LATAM Airlines Brazil and Spanish or English on all other LATAM flights.
- Have sufficient visual and hearing capacity to perform the functions required in an emergency.
- Be able to communicate verbally with other passengers.
- Not have conditions or responsibilities, such as traveling with small children, that may prevent you from performing one or more of the functions required in an emergency.
- Not be pregnant on flights operated by LATAM Airlines Brazil.
These criteria conform to the legislations in force in the countries where we operate. If the criteria above are not met, the passenger will be assigned a regular seat.
Standard Seat: Seats that can be selected ahead of time for a fee or that may be included in the fare, depending on the fare purchased by the passenger. If the passenger chooses not to pay the fee, the system will assign a random seat during the Check-in process.
The passenger can select a seat:
- When purchasing their fare online.
- After purchasing their fare, in the My Trips section of our website.
- During online Check-in.
- At our LATAM Sales Offices at any airport.
- By calling the Contact Center (1 866 435 9526)
- This service can be requested at any time through LATAM.com, the Contact Center (1 866 435 9526) and LATAM Sales Offices at any airport, up to 1 hour before flight departure.
- Service available only for the Economy cabin on flights operated by LATAM.
- Seats are selected per flight, as well as the price indicated for payment.
- If a passenger on your reservation needs special services (passengers traveling with a pet in the cabin, passengers that need medical assistance, passengers with animal assistance and unaccompanied minors), you will not be charged for reserving a seat. You can request your seat, at no cost, by calling the Contact Center (1 866 435 9526) or at any airport.
- This service is not available for group reservations (7 people or more within the same reservation).
- Seats are subject to availability at the time of request.
- Black Signature (Emerald), Black (Emerald) and Platinum (Sapphire) category passengers of the LATAM Pass, LATAM Fidelidade and oneworld Alliance programs can select a Standard or LATAM+ Seat on domestic flights, at no cost. For international flights, only Black Signature (Emerald) and Black (Emerald) passengers of the LATAM Pass, LATAM Fidelidade and oneworld Alliance programs can select a Standard or LATAM+ Seat, free of cost.
- Black Signature (Emerald) and Black (Emerald) category passengers of the LATAM Pass, LATAM Fidelidade and oneworld Alliance programs can select a LATAM+ seat for one (1) companion on the same reservation, free of cost. This benefit must be requested through the Contact Center (1 866 435 9526).
- Passengers that purchased a Top fare can select a LATAM+ Seat, at no cost.
- The seats are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-endorsable to any other persons.
- No monetary refunds will be given for voluntary passenger changes.
- If for reasons relating to flight operations, safety or service we are not able to give you the seat that you selected, then we will offer you an alternative seat. If you do not agree, we will give you a different seat and you can ask for a refund by calling our Contact Center (1 866 435 9526). You will be repaid via the same payment method you used.
- To check the status of a refund request, the passenger can call our Contact Center (1 866 435 9526).