At LATAM you can check oversized items by paying a fee. Oversized baggage is defined as baggage that exceeds the allowed dimensions for transportation in the hold, in other words, it measures between 158 and 300 lineal centimeters (length + width + height) and weighs a maximum of 45 kg.
If the item exceeds 45 kg., regardless of its measurements, it cannot be transported as baggage. You can check with LATAM Cargo for more information about freight.
- Flights with connections with Iberia, British Airways, Air Canada, Qantas and flights to and from Europe, Oceania, Argentina or Aruba, the maximum weight is 32 kg.
- Information detailed below only refers to flights operated by LATAM Airlines (including all subsidiaries). If your trip includes a connection with another airline, please check that airline's baggage policy.
- Starting March 18, 2017, transportation of oversized baggage on all domestic flights within Brazil and on flights between Brazil and South America have a fee.
- For all other routes, a fee is applied to fares purchased after December 19, 2016.
- If you are flying within Argentina from June 18, 2017 and October 27, 2017, you can bring a piece of ski equipment free of charge in addition to your baggage allowance. Ski equipment includes only the following: a pair of skis, pair of poles and pair of boots, or a snowboard and pair of boots. This promotion applies to domestic flights only. It does not include flights within Argentina connecting to other international flights.
Charges for oversized baggage
The charge for each item will be a fixed fee depending on your trip's route. Review all the information about the fees that apply to your trip's route.
- You can check with us for more information about LATAM Cargo freight services.
- Black Signature, Black, Platinum members and Premium Economy or Premium Business passengers can check oversized baggage as a part of their allowance as long as it does not exceed the total number of items and weight allowance for the route. If additional bags are added that exceed this free allowance, they will be considered as excess baggage. This benefit is valid for flights starting May 18, 2017.
- The excess baggage granted by credit cards is not considered as excess baggage.
Sports equipment, musical instruments and televisions or monitors are all considered special baggage and can be transported in the hold of LATAM Airlines flights. Items that exceed 158 lineal cm. are subject to a fee for oversized baggage. The transportation of wheelchairs or any other instruments that need to be transported due to a disability (for personal use) is free. Review the specific conditions in Special Needs.
Keep in mind that, starting March 14, 2017, your golf equipment is considered as a transportable item in our checked baggage allowance. If you add an additional item that exceeds this free checked item, it’s considered as excess baggage.
If you have any questions about the transportation of oversized or special baggage contact us through our Contact Center.