When and how to board
We want to improve your boarding experience, so we’re changing our boarding process in June. We’ve tested a number of models and finally opted for the simplest, quickest, most practical and efficient way: group boarding.
We’re going to distribute passengers from each flight into 6 groups with different priorities. The boarding pass will indicate which group the passenger belongs to. At the gate, there will be signs to guide passengers through the process.
Passengers requiring special assistance will continue to have priority boarding and will have their own boarding line.
- Passengers traveling with children under 2 years of age.
- Pregnant women.
- Senior passengers over 60 years of age.
- Passengers needing assistance to board.
* It depends on each country’s local regulation.
- Black Signature and Black category passengers.
- oneworld Emerald category passengers.
- Passengers traveling in Premium Business and Premium Economy cabins.
- Platinum category passengers.
- oneworld Sapphire category passengers.
- Passengers that purchased a LATAM+ seat.
- Passengers that purchased a TOP fare.
- Bank cards with an affiliate bank including our premium boarding benefit.
Group 4, 5 and 6:
- Remaining passengers, depending on their row number and its location on the airplane. (Window, middle or aisle).
* Passengers on the same reservation that Check-in at the same time can board together, in the same group.
* Premium and special services passengers who arrive after their boarding section is called can board at any time.
- Calculate the time it takes to get to the boarding gate.
- You can also check for your gate number on the monitors at the airport.
- Always have your boarding pass on hand. Remember that you can show the gate agent your boarding pass on your phone or on our App. If you prefer, you can also print it out.
- Pay attention to the boarding gate signs to see when its your turn to board.
- Please keep the area clear as to speed up the boarding process. Help us fulfill our promise to reduce airplane boarding times.
We would like to remind you that passengers arriving after the boarding door has closed will not be able to board the aircraft as to not delay the flight’s departure.
We recommend you take a seat and pay attention to the signs while waiting for your turn to board.