Our service ensures that children who are traveling without their parents or carers arrive safety to their destination. We give our assurance that we will take care of them during the whole course of their journey - including any stopovers, migration and security control points - and deliver them to the person in charge of receiving them at their destination terminal.
Who can use this service?
- Children aged 5-11 years.
- Children aged 12-17 years (optional. In the case of a flight with a connection, please check with the corresponding airline).
- This service is not available for children who require a medical certificate to fly.
- To use this service, children must be able to feed themselves and undertake their basic hygiene needs. They must also be able to move themselves in case of an evacuation and respond to safety instructions.
- It is forbidden for children to travel with pets in the aircraft cabin or in the hold.
- It is only available on direct flights or with connecting flights operated by LATAM. It is important that they do not change airport while making the connecting flight and that there is a waiting time of no longer than 4 hours.
- You can only request a refund of the service before the flight departs.
- Children will be seated in the back area of the aircraft, so that our flight crew can have optimal visibility and control of the minors; they will be the first to board and the last to disembark.
- Minors up to 14 years old cannot travel alone on flights operated by American Airlines and United Airlines. For that, you must acquire the unaccompanied minor service directly with these companies. American Airlines, United Airlines and LATAM Airlines do not allow unaccompanied minors in connection flights with other airlines. For that reason, we suggest you contact our Contact Center or look for our Sales Offices before buying your ticket.
Will you be requiring this service?
Apply for it up to 48 hours before your flight departure through our Contact Center. It is important that you buy your ticket only when the service has been confirmed.
The child's parent or guardian must be present at our counter in the airport to complete the Unaccompanied Minor form, which requires the following information:
- Name, surname(s) and age of the child.
- Name, surname(s), telephone number and address of the child carer in the airport of origin.
- Name, surname(s), telephone number and address of the child carer at the destination airport.
What’s more, for domestic flights in Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Colombia and Peru, a children’s snack is included.
How much does this service cost?
- Routes within Brazil: R$ 149.
- Routes within Chile and Peru: US$ 50.
- Routes within Argentina and Ecuador: US$ 30.
- Routes within Colombia: $ 90,000 Colombian pesos.
- Within South America and routes between Madrid - Frankfurt, Santiago - Easter Island, Punta Cana - Miami and Auckland - Sydney: US$ 100.
- Between South America and North America, Europe, the Caribbean or Oceania, including Santiago - Papeete: US$ 150.
These prices may be subject to taxes in your country of origin. If you need more information, please contact us through our Contact Center.
You can download a list of advice for a minor's trip.
New service conditions
For fares issued starting September 24, 2018, changes will be made to the unaccompanied minor transportation service conditions.
Travel accompaniment for:
* Starting September 24, 2018, we will no longer provide this service for minors between 12 and 17 years old if the fare has a connection and is the last flight of the day, except for routes that only have one flight a day.
Conditions and standards not mentioned here are still valid and have not been changed.
Considerations about services confirmed up until September 23, 2018:
If the fare was issued before September 23, 2018 and the service was confirmed by that date, the original conditions will be respected.